Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to this so bear with me. My 156 has been off the road for a while now. Tried to start it yesterday and eventually got it going but battery was flat, so left it ticking over for a wee while. Unfortunately it then overheated! Switched it off for a while but now the code light stays on and the injection light flashes. Also the temperature gauge warning light is flashing though the engine is cold? Have I just killed my car?

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I'd try disconnecting the battery, charging it off the car, and while its off short out the positive and negative battery terminals. When the battery is fully charged, reconnect the battery, and there is a good chance the issues will be gone - jump-starting the car can produce voltage spikes that can cause such issues.

A brief period of overheating shouldn't produce any of the electrical symptoms you describe...

Good luck:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate. I'll give that a go tonight. Whilst tinkering with my car last night I accidentally set off my alarm, when I switched it off I noticed the code light was no longer staying on but the Injection light ant Temperature light's are still flashing. I'll try your suggestion though and see if it helps. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys I need the same help on this topic on my 145ts , the code light was on and I couldn't start the car I then took out the battery for a while, put back in and the light was gone but the only starts by kick starting it, can you please help me out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts