Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently sold a G3 satnav cd-rom reader (just part in boot)

the buyer is asking for a code to get his ICS to work with it.

Am I correct in saying that it's the same as either my ICS code, or his? Or is there a seperate satnav code?

cheers!

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Hi,

I recently sold a G3 satnav cd-rom reader (just part in boot)

the buyer is asking for a code to get his ICS to work with it.

Am I correct in saying that it's the same as either my ICS code, or his? Or is there a seperate satnav code?

cheers!
Separate Stand Alone code.

I have a sim G3 problem but for £30 delivered inc Cd player and DSP unit twas a no brainer.
On the lookout now for a Magic ICS ...which shows the code of any sat nav connected unit.

I was lucky and got Pomeos sat nav code off the supplying dealer.Oh and most important of a a HELPFULL bloke at the dealers.

Pomeo

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cheers pomeo.

how do I get code? by connecting it to ICS?

my sat nav is G3, his ICS is apparently G2. are they even compatible?

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
cheers pomeo.

how do I get code? by connecting it to ICS?

my sat nav is G3, his ICS is apparently G2. are they even compatible?
Anser above.

Also only SAT NAV UNIT IS G2 or G3.

Only a "Magic " ICS can do it..IE Clima Dark ...IF and only IF codes are displayed.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
nay Bother....Although

IF you can get a wise crack(er) to interrogate the memory chip in the unit...IIRC the same as stores the mileage in the speedo heed...I was that wise auld owl away back in 71 after the summer of 69 , well young whippersnapper when the only logic gates wur and nand or nor and a monostable wie a schmit trigger.....Oh the guid auld days when reel programming wisnay required.Jist a soldering iron or bolt as it was them well afore hussain.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
On the lookout now for a Magic ICS ...which shows the code of any sat nav connected unit.

Pomeo
Just checked mine and I have a magic ICS! Strange thing is though it is showing two 4 digit codes - the first is for the ICS but unsure what the second one is as the car doesn't have sat nav?

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Just checked mine and I have a magic ICS! Strange thing is though it is showing two 4 digit codes - the first is for the ICS but unsure what the second one is as the car doesn't have sat nav?
Hmm...This reminds me of the one with Mason Boyne, a Snoopy Burfday Card and the pope.

So whit ur yee sayin here.....The Sat Nav code is dictated by the ICS an no the Sat Nav unit itsell.

IIRC Others huv changed a working sat nav unit with another unit and the orig code didnae release it. Hence someone else decoded it with a Magic ICS.

the plot fickens.
Stull tay experiment wie mines enuff bovver wie alternators.

Pomeo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts