Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Code for magnetelli connect nav + please

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  typos1 
#1 ·
I have a connect nav + does anyone know how I get the code for it?:rolleyes:

#4 · (Edited)
Well, my dealer got it for me and a couple of others using the serial numbers of the connect nav ....

Which makes sense, as my connect was also replaced early on because my original connect had a mechanical defect. I received a new unit under warranty at the time, with the corresponding new code number to attach to the bodycomputer.
Basically no different to the procedure to change the standard alfa radio.....

#5 · (Edited)
Interesting - I tried to get mine from the dealer and was told for CN+ they need the chassis number, not the serial number.

They got me the code (I paid £22 for it) but it doesnt work, I went into the service menu and the nav was made in July 2002, but the car the unit was from (I got the chassis number from the breaker) was registered in June 2001.

I phoned the dealer back and said it didnt work and I thought thatthe original unit had probably been replaced under warranty.

They called me back and said I was right, they gave me the name of the dealer who supplied the car originally. I phoned them.

Theyre no longer Alfa dealers, they said all the records would have been sent back to Alfa and that they thought my dealers were have me on saying that they couldnt get the code with the CN serial number.

I phoned my dealer back, they said that the original dealers were talking rubbish when they said all their records were returned to Alfa. They said even though the code was wrong they wouldnt give me my money back as they had to pay for the code and its not their fault.

I explained that I appreciated that but its not my fault either and that its between them and Alfa for not keeping proper records. They got quite arsey (they had been helpful up to that point) and hung up.

So I rang Alfa UK who are looking into it.

There are others on this forum who say they just needed the serial number, so I just wanted to check.

Its probably the usual story of cr*ppy service from stealers who dont know what theyre talking about. Thats why I try and stay away from them - they havent a clue and their customer service is cr*p !

#6 ·
Dear jwq

I purchased Connect Nav+ for my Alfa GT from ebay. But code is missing. I connected to seller and try to get the code. We know the all detail information of donor vehicle which is dismantled. Seller tried to get the code from local alfa dealer with the chassis and REG number. But, this dealer did not give the code due to the lack of V5 certificate. As we expressed that the vehicle is dismantled and it has not V5 certificate, they have not understood or seems like that . We have all information regarding chassis number, REG number and also have the vehicle report which shows that the vehicle is not stolen and dismantled that can be also get from internet sites by paying xx cost. Do you know how to get the code for connect nav+ from Alfa (with the cost)?

Regards

Murat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.