1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me if it's noob question:
what is a "code card"?
what is it good for?
and why did i not get one with my 2016 secondhand giulietta?

thx:)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Page 41 in the English version of the manual. Code card not issued in the UK, but perhaps it is in the Netherlands in which case retained or lost by a previous owner. My GTV, a U.K. spec car bought via Germany did.

Code card is for actions after lost key and perhaps for certain changes to set up of car.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Armoore is correct that in the UK we didnt get them. I was told by the parts guy at my local dealer that its something to do with insurance because if you had the code you can use it via a sequence of presses on the accelerator to start the car if you lost your keys. I think you can also use the other part of the code to change things on the computer that are otherwise locked out. Insurance companies in the IK didnt like the idea of that so blocked it.

In the UK you can go to your Alfa dealer parts department and for about £40 they email head office who will send them the code for you. Has to be done through a main dealer though. Maybe in the Netherlands you can do the same if you need it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
forgive me if it's noob question:

what is a "code card"?

what is it good for?

and why did i not get one with my 2016 secondhand giulietta?

thx:)
with all my former alfa's i also got a code card but not my 2015 giulietta....
So you are not the only one in the Netherlands

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBF100-1 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oookay... thanks
I have read the manuals' page n this but it didn't clar fy what the codes are for, and also not clear if i should have got one or not.
So thanks i guess thats clear now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts