Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently imported a 2011 159 1956cc JTDm Lusso 170 BHP into Ireland from the UK and went through the registration process. The CO2 emissions figure on the DVLA document was 142g/km and that figure is now on the Irish document. However, on reading the accompanying Alfa documentation, I noticed that, although the main manual has a figure of 142, the accompanying update document states that the emissions figure for this model is 139g/km.

I contacted Alfa Romeo Ireland (Fiat Customer Care) last week and got a voicemail message on Friday saying that the 142 is correct. I sent an e-mail back with a scan of the page from the update document and am waiting to hear back but am not very hopeful. Is there anything else I can do? Or am I mistaken? The vehicle was manufactured at the end of 2010. The main manual date is 11/2009, whereas the update is dated 10/2010. I have 2 months to appeal the amount of VRT paid.

I would appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You may be better off posting this in the ROI section/forum as they will have more knowledge of our weird CO2 based tax system/VRT etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I'll see what I get here first as the question primarily relates to the technical specification of the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts