Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we are currently developing CNC machined billet injector rails for all 24v V6 engined alfa's. The electro plated OE ones start to look scruffy and really let down such a beautifull looking engine.

We are hoping to have a set ready for everyone to look at within the next 2 to 3 weeks. We will be able to have them anodised as well if you wish including a titanium looking finish.

Not sure on price yet but once the R+D work has been done we will be able to give you some costs dependent on finish etc.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I enjoy anything that's CNC-machined from billet, preferably if it has very complex geometry and a lot of wasted material :thumbs:

I'm not in the market for a set of these but will certainly be interested to see them! I'd imagine they'll be quite expensive though... how would you machine them exactly? :confused:

·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I enjoy anything that's CNC-machined from billet, preferably if it has very complex geometry and a lot of wasted material :thumbs:

I'm not in the market for a set of these but will certainly be interested to see them! I'd imagine they'll be quite expensive though... how would you machine them exactly? :confused:
When you say how would we machine them what do you mean?

We are on with the R+D on them at the moment. We are hoping to get a set ready in the next few weeks so everyone can see what they're like. They will def be ready for National Alfa Day where will have a stand and we are sponsoring the concourse event.

We are also getting an idea of interest in these injector rails, which seem to be generating a lot of interest.

Obviously we will fit a set to one of our cars and test them before they go on sale. Once finished they will be patented.:)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
When you say how would we machine them what do you mean?
Just wondering how they will physically be made - ie turning the main bore of the rail and then milling the injector bosses or something? Just curious from an engineering perspective as I wouldn't have thought the geometry of an injector rail would lend itself to CNCing from a single piece :)

·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wondering how they will physically be made - ie turning the main bore of the rail and then milling the injector bosses or something? Just curious from an engineering perspective as I wouldn't have thought the geometry of an injector rail would lend itself to CNCing from a single piece :)
You will just have to wait and see:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts