Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2.4 jtdm spider has serious miles on it, it had a clutch fly wheel etc 55K ago approx 30 months

Before I had it approx 20K ago it had dpf removal , remap , from angel tuning, the clutch now slips in second and third if you boot it .
Normal driving is fine , just if you hammer it.

If I have the remap removed , will it continue to slip ?

Will I miss the remap much ?

If I replace just the clutch & leave the DMF & Slave will that help

I don't want to pay to swap it and it still slip, or will the remap just burn it out again ?

All advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
134 Posts
My remapped 2.4 159's clutch slips a little in higher gears booting it, but not as low as 2nd. Can't really speculate on whether it'll stop slipping with the remap removed, but I would definitely say you'd miss it. Hard though if it had the remap before you got the car, so you never got to experience it without and have got used to it with.

All I can say is I remember my remap day fondly and being briefly terrified by the improvement - would hate to be paying someone to do the opposite...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I hate the thought of losing power, but when I boot it hard it slips , I know don't boot it hard , but that is dull. Is you're clutch new or has it had a lot of use ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm still on the original clutch - I got it with 70k miles, did the remap year later on about 75k (Don't do a lot of mileage, another reason desperately needed DPF done!). It was an aggressive remap too, 255bhp and 460 ft lb, think most others go for the 230-240 mark (Guessing you don't have read-outs or had it on a rolling road?)

So pretty certain yours is further on its way out to slip that low, and therefore a replacement would help - but depending on your annual mileage new one will still deteriorate at some point, faster than without the remap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts