Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are they just damn nice to use? Out of every car i've driven i always have problems with the clutches being too light and well having no feeling in them whereas the Alfa Clutch is a bit heavy but very useable. the worst i've come across is my friends Celica's clutch, it was like the controls on a dodgem, it was either on or off, no inbetween.

·
Registered
37,363 Posts
I haven't noticed Alfa clutches to be any different to any other hydraulic clutches.

They start off light, and get heavy as they wear..

B

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a pressure plate wearing when it gets heavy.

Light yes they are light ,wonderfully light, after struggling for years in traffic whilst in an M3.
They are silly heavy & such a low bite that when mine was cold all you had to was so much as flex a big toe & the thing was off!
So a Alfa is a dream to plod around in traffic.

D

·
0 Posts
I prefer mine to be heavy. Don't like them being too light. I know it means the clutch is wearing etc. Still prefer a heavy clutch over a light one any day seem to have more feel than a light one. Mine clutch in the 146 is heavy compared to the old mans 156 and I prefer mine.

R

·
0 Posts
The only problem with a heavy clutch, is that you end up with the muscles in one leg bigger than the other....:)
Same problem when the Jane Fonda workout video was released many years ago. Blokes with huge right arms!

D

·
0 Posts
Lol at that above:p Nah, I'm all right both my legs are the same from the gym bahahaha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts