Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to seemingly find evermore “2 minute” jobs to stop me getting on the road, I’ve found the bleed nipple on my clutch slave cylinder to be pretty badly mangled, and I want to replace it, rather than screw it back in with molegrips like the last person seemingly did!

Does anyone know if it is common with the small brake calliper nipples? I’m pretty sure it used to be a 7mm nut, before it became 25 sided... the cylinder looks like an original type.

If not, where can I get one? I don’t really want to change the slave cylinder, as I’ll only start poking about with something else which will “only take 2 minutes to sort out properly”!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yes I took my knackered ones to my local motor spares and they matched them straight away.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is 100% bigger than 6mm (as a 7mm spanner spins, but 1/4” is too small) so might have been previously replaced - will go and have a rummage at the local motor factor if others have succeeded.

Thanks all

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine is 100% bigger than 6mm (as a 7mm spanner spins, but 1/4” is too small) so might have been previously replaced - will go and have a rummage at the local motor factor if others have succeeded.

Thanks all
When you are talking about spanner size I assume this is the hexagon size, this is not the thread size. You need to remove the nipple, possibly with mole grips then measure the thread diameter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts