Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Clutch replacement... how much €€€

3K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Damien_C 
#1 ·
Fair bit of vibration / judder from my clutch these days... think I might need to have it replaced, possibly a worn clutch plate. How much should I budget for this including labour :( ?

I'll probably bring it into Gerry.

#3 ·
Ouch. Take it to Gerry first and let him tell you what's wrong. I tried to self-diagnose a clutch issue on here before and it was a mistake.

I don't like posting what Gerry charged me on the forum as each job could be different. I'm sure he'll give you an estimate.

Not sure if you have the JTD or not, but FWIW, at the time I was having mind replaced, I got the Q2 fitted as well (no real extra labour). The cost of the part seems to have increased according to the Autolusso website, so maybe it's not as attractive an option anymore.

#5 ·
Apologies lads, I should have specified- I have the 1.8 twinspark engine in my GT. I am fairly sure it is the clutch, but then again I am not a mechanic. Best case scenario is that it is just a bit of contamination on the clutch plate...

#7 ·
€600 is not too bad actually, I thought it would be more.

The car currently has 86k kilometres. Although I have been feeling the 'judder' since about 78k kilometres, but it has got a bit worse recently, probably due lot of city driving. The judder is apparant mainly in 1st when setting off and in into second, it disappears as the car gets going from 3rd to 5th.

I did buy the car off a woman though so the clutch wear was not unexpected :p

G
#8 ·
Lash it into 4th and drive up a steep hill with a full car and watch the rev counter, it the counter starts to move quicker thant he car is accelerating you have a worn clutch.

The judder could be also engine mounts but I doubt that really. With that kinda mileage on it, where you based in Dublin man?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.