Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my clutch tomorrow. However before I tackle it, does anyone have any ideas of how long I should expect to be under the car and is there anything I should know in advance to save exploding with frustration in the heat?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
knowing what car would be usefull :rolleyes: but if its a twinny then it aint that bad , its just manovering the box out of the car thats a little bit tight. get your stands as high as poss ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
fletch said:
knowing what car would be usefull :rolleyes: but if its a twinny then it aint that bad , its just manovering the box out of the car thats a little bit tight. get your stands as high as poss ;)
Yeah right, I watched two mechanics struggle with the 155, the whole bottom sub-frame/member had to come off, then shafts and box.

If you intend to do this on axle stands I suggest you at the very least get a friend to help you out, else you might be there two days ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
er 2 mechs struggled :eek: they must be crap because me (novice) and bro a mech did it in 4 hrs no subframe off at all . only a v6 would require a subframe off job. ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
fletch said:
er 2 mechs struggled :eek: they must be crap because me (novice) and bro a mech did it in 4 hrs no subframe off at all . only a v6 would require a subframe off job. ;)
my point exactly, 4 hrs with 2 people at it........ its a struggle in my book :p My point being is dont attempt it by yourself as you may need more than a day to get the job done alone.

It took almost the same amount of time to have mine done as I watched it happen, but subframe did come off :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in 4 hours ... I honestly dont think so. I had the car up on a stand with full garage full on alfa tools and it took 7h and removal of the subframe ...
then again I removed the gearbox..

I am going to do this next week and I am going to time the procedure. :cool:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Beware of bolts breaking
When my clutch was done most of the bolts sheared and had to be drilled out :eek:

san

1 - 7 of 7 Posts