Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Has anyone experienced seizure of the gearbox (2.0L - 16V) clutch release bearing around 58k miles?
I am just trying to find out whether this is a common fault at such mileage since I know for a fact that one of the weaknesses of the 155 is indeed the clutch; I wasn't aware though about the release bearing itself.

Cheers,

Taz.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, not heard of that one, old twinspark has done 95.000 with no problems and on the origonal clutch.

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep all too common on fiats, puntos more than any the bearing then starts to cut through the pressure plate you can tell because when you press the clutch down there is a 'clunk' just before the peddle reaches the floor.also the clutch arm itself can seize up in the gearbox even though you use it every day fiat unos use to snap the operating arm off because they where so tight.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys.
News for you as much as they were to me... I took the gearbox apart and found out that it actually is one of the 1st motion shaft bearings that has given up the ghost. Just thought it might be helpful for others to know. I'm installing an uprated clutch since I'm at it because I'm getting soon a set of high lift camshafts :D along with a Group N straight-through exhaust system and chip :D :p
Be afraid... be very afraid!!!

Taz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts