Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - just been reading through all the threads I can find on the subject of GT clutch pedal anomalies but can't pin down anything similar to what I am having....

2005 GT Jtd - clutch has always been on the heavy side but nothing drastic. When pushing the clutch pedal down, the last 5% or so of the travel, when the pedal is about to hit the deck, it suddenly becomes much easier.

On lifting the clutch pedal back up, there feels like a "notch" in the last 10% of upward travel, as in it sticks a bit then "pings" itself back up. Sorry, I know notch and ping are not very technical terms but that's the best way I can describe it.

Clutch operation is fine other than that. Had a new driveshaft fitted a couple of months ago and my mechanic said it looked as though the car had had a replacement clutch fitted at some point (bought car with limited history...).

Anyhow - anyone else had symptoms like this and is it an omen of trouble...?

Many thanks, Tom

·
Registered
860 Posts
you could try WD on the arm take cover off look down from the battery side get some one to operate the clutch you will see an arm move spray wd all over it and work pedal few times in may work worth a try

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfa - why did I doubt you.....

Well I'm feeling quite pleased with myself and like a bit of a numpty at the same time.
Was sat in the car earlier today, waiting for someone and did a bit of investigating around the clutch pedal....

Turns out that the overmat is curled up underneath the pedal and is/was catching on the pedal when pushing down, just enough to give the sensation of something amiss and doing the same on pedal return.

A quick straighten/bend of the offending mat and clutch pedal now feels just as it should - there was me thinking, there's bound to be something wrong that is going to cost an arm and a leg to put right.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
numpty indeed - must get out of this mindframe I have had since buying two Alfas of waiting for impending doom!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts