Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i 've got a 147 manual. i'm having probs getting it into gear, i've been told this is a clutch prob. i have to ram it in gear at times especially 1st and reverse. wana get this sorted asap. is it a clutch prob???? your forts would be appreciated:thumbs:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi there i had a similar problem when i bought my alfa 147 it would go into gear and ten it would not without using alot of force. I took it to a lot of places where they said it was a massive job, stripping the clutch a new gear box. costing around £500
Then i went to Alfatech in huddersfield (indie) who opened the bonnet did not even look at the clutch and cleaned the bushes out with a crow bar like instrument. This fixed the problem and only cost £40 so i would give that a try as the indie said its a common fault as there is lots of gunk, oil gunje etc that makes it hard to go in gear not too technical myself but def worth a try cos many garages will willingly lie to u and rip u off.!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
when i first bought my 147 i had similar problems i had problems getting into 3rd or 4th which is annoying when you have a line of cars behind you and you cant get the stupid thing in gear.

I had a new clutch fitted and haven't had the problem since,but the gearbox is still a bit rough im guessing thats just what 147s are like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts