Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a alfa 147 1.6 during the kilkenny meet today the clutch peddle started fading so bad that i could barely change gear could it be master cylinder or the much dreaded slave cylinder it is not losing any fluid at all :mad:

any ideas why my car is so heavy on petrol the highest i can get is 31mpg nursing it floor it and you get 21 mpg any ideas would be appreciated thanks alan

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having the same kind of problems with my GT 2.0 JTS. It's in with the garage at the moment to diagnose the problem.

Been fine driving around town, but after a mtorway run the clutch disappears. They think it's going to be the master cyclinder as that has been the problem on other makes of car they've had in before with the same issues.
I'll post an update when they let me know what they want to do.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
My master cylinder went, symptoms were slack clutch and low biting point, the seal inside broke down, didn't show any air in the line, just a couple of drops on the end of the master cylinder pushrod, viewable from the driver's footwell, it's common on the 147 and GT, I have a 1.6ts and get similar mpg, mine's averaging about 27-29 at the moment, and no indication of any faults on the ECU

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
surely they should be getting more mpg than tha as my dads 156 is getting 34 mpg without nursing it at all could you please let me know about the out come from the clutch issue thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts