Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hope some one can help !. today while on my way to work my clutch pedal did not return after changing gear, and i was stuck in second gear. do you think this is the clutch or a lincage problem ?.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Most common cause is failed slave cylinder.....look for signs of fluid loss (level dropping in the reservoir) and check around the slave cylinder (mounted on top of the gearbox.....)

Relatively cheap to buy (under £25) and simple to fit.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm with them, most likely the slave. If you don't see any fluid loss there, have a look above the clutch pedal at the master, it's obvious if that is leaking.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had the same problem when I had a 155 a few years back

Agree with the others, it was the slave cylinder . Easy to change once the battery and carrier are removed.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Yeah the seals are the bits that go.

They tend to compress over the years, and then the seal is not good enough to hold the pressure of the fluid when you press your foot down.

SEE HERE
I managed to do a 'temporary repair' the first couple of times it went about 5 years ago, this bodge lasted 3 years, and all I did was wrap a bit of rubber tape under the seals to make them tighter on the cylinder, eventually the fluid breaks down the rubber tape.

Luckily when it went the secong time, I already had a new one waiting to go on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts