Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cover on my clutch pedal keeps falling off! Everytime i put it back on it falls off again within 5 minutesof driving. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had the same problem on my 166 so placed some Araldite/ Double bubble on, and it hasnt came off since, yours being a brand new car I would take it straight back to the garage, I know its a hassle and all that though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup, the clutch pedal on my G Voloce fell off 3 times when it was new in April, I kept having to do the 40 mile round trip to my dealership to get it sorted.

Not sure what adhesive they used in the end, but it hasn't come off again since I made a fuss on the 3rd time.

It's quite disconcerting when it happens the first time isn't it. At least it wasn't the brake I guess.

I put it down to the rubber lip holding it on being not quite large enough, and the lateral shift I was putting on the pedal from the changed driving position I was used to (slight angle due to left to right hand drive conversion for UK)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, happened to me on my G veloce and is a bit dangerous with the blank pedal if you have wet shoes etc. The dealer (Corkhills) said they have had a few clutch pedals come off and have reported it to Alfa as an issue. Once it starts coming off the only option is to get it glued on professionally and all done under warranty so just take it in. No probs in the 6 weeks since they've done it :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is rather scarey when it happends, I cant for the life of me get it to stay on so. I guess a trip to the dealer it is!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts