Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal doesn't always rise back to the top after changing gear... What does this normally mean you alfaholics out there? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It could just be that the floor mat has slipped to far forward and catching the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine did the same thing, there's 2 bolts that the clutch pedal/piston are mounted to, if you slacken them off slightly and pump the clutch a few times it should re-align itself then tighten the bolts. You have to be a bit of a contortionist though.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
there was a thread here where a guy opened up the coverings below the steering wheel and found a thick, stiff cable loom that passed in front of the pedal, causing it to not release all the way. he unplugged it and routed it behind the pedal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input - I'll get the tool kit out and have a look. If I get to the bottom of it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alfacapone sent me this guide and so far so good.

remove lower trim panel under steering wheel in drivers footwell, (2 plastic nuts)
- loosen the mounting bolts for the master cylinder - to allow the push rod to be manipulated
- with a large flat bladed srewdriver gently prise off the circular bush holding the pushrod onto the pedal
- clean off the old "silicon" (I think) grease, mine was bone dry
- put real olde english general purpose grease on the pivot
- put all back, tighten up fixing bolts, replace trim

Not issues for last 8 months job done!!
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
253 Posts
thanks for the reference "Must Go Faster"; I've also found that misalignment of the piston push rod and cylinder center line can be a minor issue.

Alfacapone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts