Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...must say ive had my 147 for 3 weeks now and i think im starting to fall in love with it. :) allthough i do i have a slight problem with the clutch and hoping someone can shed some light on it. its a bit hard to explain but here goes...if i give it some beans, say above 3000 and change gear the clutch seems to disengage quite harshly and the car jerks a little. i have no other problems with it..e.g slipping, hard pedal. if i change gear around 2000 i feels better. also the biting point is really low...almost on the floor. is this related or just normal on the 147??? cheers guys :thumbs:

G

·
If the biting point is that low, you may need a new slave cylinder. If the car is a JTD then it's a straightforward job to bleed or replace the slave cylinder...if it's a petrol then I believe it's a gearbox out job.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the biting point is that low, you may need a new slave cylinder. If the car is a JTD then it's a straightforward job to bleed or replace the slave cylinder...if it's a petrol then I believe it's a gearbox out job.
cheers for that mate. driving home from work today and sometimes the gearchange was really jerky....anyone else know what this problem sounds like???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts