Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am so sad, my clutch master cylinder gave way yesterday, I limp to the mechanic using as little as I could the clutch.
The reservoir was empty, the pedal going to the floor. At first I suspected the slave since that is the only thing I haven't change on the clutch system...
In fact it's the master cylinder, I can't believe it I change it less than a year ago!!!
Sadly nobody sell repair kit in Singapore so I will have to buy a new piece...

RRrrrr new part

Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
Only one years service is sad. I heard that some after market replacements weren't up to much. Suggest you source from someone like Classic Alfa where Richard Norris is well versed in the in and outs of the components he sells.
I recently had total brake failure on my way to see him and it was also the master cylinder (under floor) that had failed. The circlip that hold the innards into the barrel had detached allowing the piston to jump forward and allow air in. Strangely no fluid escaped but it gave me a few moments although I drove it home through the Croydon (S London) traffic on the handbrake without too many scares. You couldn't even think of driving a 166 or 164 just on the handbrake. Such is the price of progress.
Good luck with your brakes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I guess I was unlucky.

Oh well next time I order something I will get an repair kit and rebuild the spare one that I have now, just in case...

I had a brake failure just after I bought my spider. I did drove to my mechanic using the hand brake. NEVER AGAIN, gosh that was scary.

Cheers
Andre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts