Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just signed up, see my post in the Newbie section. I am not yet an Alfa owner but am considering buying a Giulietta MA 170. However looking through this forum a number of earlier owners seem to have had major problems with gearboxes and clutches. Before I make a final decision I wondered what I might be letting myself in for so a number of questions.

1) Has the factory found out what the root problems with clutch and gearbox were?
2) Is a likely that a 2012 build will have similar problems?
3) If I buy a low mileage preowned car upto 12months old could it possibly have problems in future.

Sorry to start with a load of questions but when spending my own money I need to be sure it is going to be well spent

Tony

M

·
0 Posts
My Bella has been 100% spot on. I couldn't of asked for more.
I love my Guilietta. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
What you read about here are the problem cases. You do not see or hear every happy owner with a problem free vehicle.

I think the Giulietta is not poorer from the average European car when it comes to reliability. Most likely above average.

Just read and learn how to identify a faulty unit/signs and go for a test drive. :cool:

·
Registered
183 Posts
What you read about here are the problem cases. You do not see or hear every happy owner with a problem free vehicle.

I think the Giulietta is not poorer from the average European car when it comes to reliability. Most likely above average.

Just read and learn how to identify a faulty unit/signs and go for a test drive. :cool:
I think the fact that Alfa has such an active community of owners is both a blessing and a curse.

In most cases owners register here to talk about the positives, but occaisionally these forums are used to vent frustrations and seek help - not many other cars have this sort of user community so their problems aren't so frequently shown.

For the record I had a gearbox issue, I talked to the dealer and they fixed it.
Sure it's wasn't great that it happened, but that disappointment was easily outweighed by the great service and the fact it was fixed within a few days.

And now the car is :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many Thanks to all for your comments. Fully agree with the above but nice to know that there is a community of owners which will advise others from their experience

1 - 6 of 6 Posts