Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Anybody out there who have changed their clutch on their 2,0 V6 TB 166? Eper says that there is to clutches for the turbo, and one of them is the same as the 3,0V6, the other is a uniqe number for the turbo. So, which one should I have? The reason I ask is that all the non-original stores list the same clutch for all the 166 V6 engines, but Alfa have different numbers? Is the difference so small that I can take a 3,0V6 clutch, or must I have the unique one? Of course the unique turbo clutch is way more expensive then the ordinary.

:cry:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Firma Tuynder(NL) lists these 2 parts for the clutch kit's:
71719421(turbo only)
71718090(all V6)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I reckon your best bet is see what one is fitted when you remove it...I remember wanting to purchase rear brake shoes for my mondeo .So armed with the chassis no I went to the Ford dealer....He said 1 of two types of shoe were fitted to that car and youll need to see what ones are on yours as they are not interchangeable....I just said so much for wanting chassis no.s then...as much good as a choclate ashtray.

Have you any view on the Kilen or Lesjofer springs?Made in Sweden yee ken.

Pomeo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you want to know about Lesjöfors or Kilen?

I'm afraid that I won't get any straight answer from anyone other from those who have changed a clutch on a 166 turbo. But if there are two variants, of course it is the most expensive one.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
What do you want to know about Lesjöfors or Kilen?

I'm afraid that I won't get any straight answer from anyone other from those who have changed a clutch on a 166 turbo. But if there are two variants, of course it is the most expensive one.
Ive found out that Kilen is a subsiduary of Lesjofers......I got the springs for my 166's...never heard of them BUT the KYB looks a better spring....It was to see if any Swedish members ahd heard of them,used the springs or had had heard and opinions on them either good bad or ugly.

Yep My cars usually end up like that ...the expensive part as opposed to the more commonly available one.

Pomeo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kilen and Lesjöfors make good quality springs. Haven't heard of them on Alfas, but they do a lot of motorsport springs for other cars, so why not Alfa?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts