Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've now got a problem of my own and I can't find the answer in a search.

I get a loud "click" sound as I let the clutch up from fully depressed. At first I thought it was the exhaust knocking/broken engine mount/suspension but the actual cause is much simpler: it is the return spring on the clutch pedal. If I work the clutch by hand, I can see that just as the pedal reaches its lowest point the top part of the spring shifts position towards the bulkhead. As the pedal moves back up, the spring slaps back into its original position. The problem is, I can't see why it does it and am not sure how to stop it. :confused:

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK, so I've now got a problem of my own and I can't find the answer in a search.

I get a loud "click" sound as I let the clutch up from fully depressed. At first I thought it was the exhaust knocking/broken engine mount/suspension but the actual cause is much simpler: it is the return spring on the clutch pedal. If I work the clutch by hand, I can see that just as the pedal reaches its lowest point the top part of the spring shifts position towards the bulkhead. As the pedal moves back up, the spring slaps back into its original position. The problem is, I can't see why it does it and am not sure how to stop it. :confused:

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.
i think they all do this, mine does, but only when the clutch pedal is fully depressed then released.. nothing to worry about so ive been told...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Just got to adjust my driving style then - easier than any repair:thumbs:

Not sure why I've only just noticed though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It shouldn't do it. I'd have a fiddle with it, you don't want the clutch to get stuck down, or up if something moves about! Is there no circlip or something to hold the spring in place?

·
Banned
61 Posts
it shouldnt do it, but lots of gtv's do. The spring moves in its groove, you can remedy it with a cable tie wrapped round the spring base.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Slight thread resurrection!

I have this issue too, and was wondering how to go about sorting it. Is the cable tie method as mentioned by GTVlord a good work around, or has anyone found a better answer to this problem?

Thought it'd be worth an ask given I can't see any otherway to sort it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts