Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone know if it is advisable to change slave cylinder when fitting new clutch or can it be got at easily if needing to be changed at latter date.
many thanks

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
It is inside the bell housing so it is very advisable to change it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not needed to replace my QV's just yet, but I always replace usable parts that become accessible during the bigger strip downs like renewing the clutch parts.

Changing; Pressure Plate, Friction Plate, Crankshaft Oil Seal and Clutch Slave Cylinder (when inside bell housing).
Looking at what has caused the clutch to fail once access gained?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wife redlined it while riding clutch..had burnt clutch smell and now clutch is slipping when revved high in fifth.is it an expensive garage repair.also need timing belt done as four years is up.looks like the card will be hit up this month:paranoid:

·
Registered
464 Posts
wife redlined it while riding clutch..had burnt clutch smell and now clutch is slipping when revved high in fifth.is it an expensive garage repair.also need timing belt done as four years is up.looks like the card will be hit up this month:paranoid:
My other half has a tendency to use the clutch as is were as switch when out of first gear.
Foot down, change gear, accelerate too hard as clutch is being released, resulting in jerky changes and broken friction plate axial damping springs and me getting upset.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
My other half has a tendency to use the clutch as is were as switch when out of first gear.
Foot down, change gear, accelerate too hard as clutch is being released, resulting in jerky changes and broken friction plate axial damping springs and me getting upset.
With high torque engines this is quickly lethal for the clutch, as is anything except perfect gear changes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My comments every time when she's driving her car.
Thankfully she's preferring driving her 147 for the run a bouts and leaves me to the QV for longer drives.
The 147 clutch will need changing this year since it was already worn when we brought the car, but and allowed for this.

This belt changing and clutch will be a penny or two though on the G for Ryezy.
I got my QV serviced and cam/aux belts done back in February for £425 including MoT + Parts inc by me and some other mods.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was hoping to spend money elsewhere on car but without a clutch you are not gonna look cool with wheel spacers on the hard shoulder whatever.
ill let you know the quotes I get soon so you can all live in fear of it happening to your g lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts