Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i can feel my wishbones starting to go so i will be changing those.

I have done a little bit of research and found these 3:

At this place (Powerflex Front Lower Wishbone Bushes for Alfa Romeo 145 - Powerflex - Rude Racing)
For all 4, (2 fronts and 2 rear bushes) £113.64

This one (Powerflex)
£63.14

This one (SuperFlex Ltd: Product Search Results)
£98.90

Why are the middle ones so cheap?!?!

Also, has anybody actually fitted the superflex ARB bushes? What are they like?

THEN

the rear of my car has started to CLUNK really bad when going straight, ARB bushes? Radias arms??? I dont have a clue!
I was sat at 80 going down the bypass dual carridge way and every 1 or 2 mins it would CLUNK at the rear.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Right, i can feel my wishbones starting to go so i will be changing those.

This one (Powerflex)
£63.14
Uhm - read carefully:

Please Note That All Parts Are Listed And Priced Individually. The Amount Required Per Car Is Listed In The Quantity Per Car Column - that adds up to £126.28

On ebay Powerflex and Superflex is available for 90 - 95.

As for the rear clunk - I have no eye dear.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GE pointed that one out fella but cheers anyway.

Im not sure what it is on the rear either, but iv just got a punture on that side rear aswell so its all going to come to bits and a good clean down etc.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anybody changed the radius arm bushes?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha the bolt holding the arm in is tightened to 156nm!!! hahaha AND THEN CORRODED IN! hahaha, im gunna have fun then!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
pretty easy, easiest if you undo both sides then attempt to change them over, if doing one side at a time you are working against the pressure of the anti roll bar, if that makes sense. EAsier still if you have the car on a bamp, but the weight on both wheels still and have a flat ratchet spanner rather than a socket to undo the bolt, there is little tension on them and they can be simultaneously lifted out of theholes in the wishbone, then the rubbers swapped.

HTH

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
on a couple of old wheels will do, if on axle stands the anti roll bar has the suspension pushing on it as the weight of the front end has been taken off the wheels, making the job harder.

If on axle stands you will need to put a trolley jack under the hub to push up against the suspension to make removal easier.

Not sure specific bushes are avaialble, maybe some generic ones do the job, they are only do-nuts of rubber.

HTH
HTH

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anybody have any experience for the removal of the rear sub-frame?

I wouldnt mind taking the entire lot off, cleaning it up, replacing all the bushes and corroded parts and re-assembling. On the workshop manuals etc it doesnt SEEM too hard, however, everything can be seem easy on pictures!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Purple, iv just had a look. Shame there is no pictures :(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im tempted to give this one the garage to do but for me to stand at the side and watch, taking photos.

Do as the lad has done with the 155 and just remove the whole unit, clean the lot up etc Replace neccecary parts and re-assemble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts