Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Any opinions on this, when I put the full lock on towards my right and pull away slowly it clunks under my feet, fine when driving though. Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just come back from blue water last minute shopping and I noticed as I was driving very slowly crawling pace a bit of a rumble slight knock noise, flat surface and straight line not really loud but with no radio on or traffic you can just about hear, maybe I'm being paranoid? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
being a 3.2 if you are lucky you've eaten a drive shaft / CV joint. if you are not so lucky its probably munching on its diff am afraid.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Just come back from blue water last minute shopping and I noticed as I was driving very slowly crawling pace a bit of a rumble slight knock noise, flat surface and straight line not really loud but with no radio on or traffic you can just about hear, maybe I'm being paranoid? :rolleyes:
get it looked at before it lets go

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did change wishbones approx 6 months ago but to be fair they were cheap aftermarket ones even one rubber to stop crap going in has perished, hope it's not diff, don't matter though as autolusso will be doing a gear box rebuild and Q2 soon once money is saved but don't want it blowing before I take it up there

L

·
0 Posts
with the wheels straight, catch the ball joint of the upper wishbone. Pull/Push it out/in, any movement there will be either worn bushes or ball joint. They will need to be repaced with orignal parts. Spurious parts will only last around 5k miles

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers lacken I will try that, it's happening every time pulling away in a straight line now slowly but still that wierd noise crawling in a straight line

·
Registered
137 Posts
Noticed knocking/clunking noise from o/s/f of my car turning sharp left at low speeds, no noises over bumps.....wonder if its outer cv joint or worn anti-roll bar bushes??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts