Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title suggests, I've acquired an odd clunk sound. It only occurs when I'm putting it on almost full lock and sounds like the noise the brakes make if they've stuck and then becomd free. It sounds as its coming from the centre of the car and I can't feel it through the steering wheel although I had a look behind the near side front wheel and all seems well. Interesting to note a damp strut though :-( trip to the dealers?

·
Registered
208 Posts
What's the point? They won't be able to fix it! Seriously, mines done that the last 13 months. Nothing fell off yet.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Could it be the ARB catching something then pinging free (if you know what I mean)?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Exactly the same happened to mine. took it back they couldn't find the problem so they replaced the steering rack problem solved. ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been out in it tonight and it can be felt through the passenger footwell but not through the steering wheel. Happens when pulling away on tight corners. Someone said if you do a full lock turn in A mode you can feel the asr working, well it's a bit like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts