Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- I've got a second-hand Mito (155 turbo) with 10k km on the clock. I'm in Singapore if that matters.

I often (maybe 75% of the time) hear a clunking sound when I shift from first into second gear. The sound seems to come from the back of the car. I sometimes also hear a similar sound when shifting from neutral into first.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

The shift itself feels slick and smooth, there is no 'crunching' sensation. The clutch is fully depressed.

I usually don't hear the sound when I shift at around 3,000rpm or higher.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Does it seem like something serious?

Many thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've noticed a sound like there is a bottle of water under the passenger seat, but there is nothing. It is kind of a splashing sound if you know what I mean. The car is brand new (1800km).

·
Registered
357 Posts
sahilp, thats the gas tank, if it's half full - fuel splashes ;)

wji203, thats the shifter, it's normal ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
the gas tank? I thought the fuel tank was in the rear somewhere. this really sounds like it is under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi -- I've got a second-hand Mito (155 turbo) with 10k km on the clock. I'm in Singapore if that matters.

I often (maybe 75% of the time) hear a clunking sound when I shift from first into second gear. The sound seems to come from the back of the car. I sometimes also hear a similar sound when shifting from neutral into first.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

The shift itself feels slick and smooth, there is no 'crunching' sensation. The clutch is fully depressed.

I usually don't hear the sound when I shift at around 3,000rpm or higher.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Does it seem like something serious?

Many thanks

hi.. me SG too :) anyway i get that sound. dont know what is it, cant really be bothered until something fails. just turnup the stereo! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts