Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a knock when I turn right occasionally at low speeds and I also noticed it the other day when I braked. I've replaced upper & lower wishbones in the last 6 months along with the driveshafts too.

Is it likely to be steering rack, suspension or somthing else maybe? Also, any way of testing to see exactly what it could be?

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
337 Posts
Take it to a decent mechanic to check (anyone who does MOT's). Might be drop links on the anti-roll bar.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Sounds to me like classic symptoms of a knackered drop link. I've had them replaced twice on my 156 despite it covering just 32,000 miles.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

Forgot to say, replaced those at the same time as the wishbones.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Thanks for the response. Forgot to say, replaced those at the same time as the wishbones.
In that case the problem could be the anti-roll bar itself. I had the one on my 156 replaced under warranty so unfortunately I can't tell you how much it cost.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, that makes sense. I assume it's the bushes that secure the ARB to the subframe that get knackered?! I suppose replacing the droplinks moves the problem onto the next weakest area which must be that.

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts