Alfa Romeo Forum banner

dO YOU EVER NOT USE YOUR SEAT BELT?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the chance to do a straw pole the other day whilst parked in Bradford for about ten minutes:

What percentage do you think did not wear a seat belt?

30%!!!!

And before you start, no not all af them were of foreign origin.

It amazes me how many risk their life and I thought I would ask the rest of you.

I see loads of badly damaged motors daily, and the number of times that you see a nice hole in the screen and you can tell the belt hasn't been used.

AND

HOW MANY DONT SECURE THIEIR KIDS!!!!

·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,471 Posts
ive seen some bad accident before and i refuse to drive unless everyone is buckled up. it infuriates me when i see kids jumping around in a car, the parents dont deserve to have kids imo

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
And how many were on mobile phones as well?

G

·
Don't think I've ever seen a taxi driver with a seatbelt on but then I don't hear of record numbers of taxi drivers dying because they don't wear their seatbelts and the police can't be bothered with the paperwork stopping them.

As a child of the 80's I grew up in seatbelts and the clucnk-click every trip adverts so it's 2nd nature

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Just doesn't feel right driving without the seatbelt on....

·
Administrator
47,156 Posts
I believe taxi drivers have an exemption, hence not seeing them being pulled over.

·
Vendor
46,629 Posts
I believe taxi drivers have an exemption, hence not seeing them being pulled over.
They have the right not to wear a seatbelt when they have a fare in the car. They have to wear one when they haven't.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Similar to Dibby - when I growing up I had all the conditioning so always wear it. Truth be told I don't really see a reason not to wear one and I hate to see children without them.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You ask the question "do you ever not use your seatbelt" then dont give the appropriate answers in the poll.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I don't always...

If my back is playing up, then putting the seatbelt on pulls me back too much, and I can't drive as the pain is too much. Sometime you need to get somewhere even if your in pain.. So YES, sometimes I do the bad thing.

My son ALWAYS wears a belt, and even though he is just over the hight limit, I still make him use a booster seat.

G

·
Always - even just down the road. I got caught once after dropping my boy off at his school at running round to my school - just a word of advice from the local traffic police as I pulled into the car park :eek:

Luckily I was in my TR7 and seated low down so I was let off with a warning.

I've never chanced it since.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Always wear ours. Funny rules regarding belt wearing though? Don't recall them in the tanks, or armoured vehicles, but as that was a long time ago, perhaps they are fitted, and used now by the military 'heavies'?

Still able to sit astride a machine capable of topping close to double the ton, with nowt' except protection from the angels.

I guess going to Stoke Mandeville fairly regularly, always reminds me of Jimmy Saville, and the campaign he presented on TV, years ago, which is still implanted in my bonce? "How's abah't that then, Guys and Gals?" :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Never wear one except if plod is about then I take it off.

G

·
When I was 19 I was in a bad accident, as a backseat passenger. It was an old sierra and had no rear seatbelts.

When the car came to a stand (very quickly, I might add - a tree had more than a fair say in that matter) I woke up wedged between the front seats, very thankful not to have gone flying any futher forward, the only thing to stop me then would have been the tree itself.
As it is, I have a scar from shoulder to elbow on my right arm where I had a plate and pin inserted, my arm was broken in 3 places. I was pretty lucky to get away with that.

I always wear my seatbelt, because I'm not immune to the laws of physics.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I know what you are saying but I would rather be dead than crippled. Bad attitude I know:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Always worn one when in the front - never used to in the back but do now... my kids will never be in the car without a seatbelt on :tut:

A little while ago I whitnessed a littlen' fall out the front passengers door of a car going round a mini roundabout :eek: ... lucky for him and his dopey ******' mother (who was driving) he wasn't hurt - made my blood run cold to see it - only wish I'd had an oppertunity to [email protected] his mother for letting him in the front with no belt on :mad: :rant:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Always worn one when in the front - never used to in the back but do now... my kids will never be in the car without a seatbelt on :tut:

A little while ago I whitnessed a littlen' fall out the front passengers door of a car going round a mini roundabout :eek: ... lucky for him and his dopey ******' mother (who was driving) he wasn't hurt - made my bloody run cold to see it - only wish I'd had an oppertunity to [email protected] his mother for letting him in the front with no belt on :mad: :rant:
Irrisponsible cow! Now if I had kids, responsibilities, a woman and commitments I would but its just me and AO so I dont bother.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
always wear mine, never really known otherwise really and it's hardly a hindrance. in fact it feels odd to drive WITHOUT being buckled up

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I know what you are saying but I would rather be dead than crippled. Bad attitude I know:rolleyes:

?? Not sure I understand this comment... :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts