Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well reaching 153000km in my 1.9jts, i have a loud noise like its a metal scratching , every time i press or depress the cluch pendal.... I think it is a time for a cluch set change.... I dont know if its the correct symptom though... if it is that.....what would be a good set to buy? i have seen set starting at 230Euros up to 1600 euros and i am confused...
any help would be useful...
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably just throw out bearing that gave up and is grinding against 'basket' (clutch cover) case.
Anyway, it is a good practice to also change the clutch while you're at it.

If I'm not mixing things up, LuK is the manufacturer of OEM clutches fitted at factory. Seen some garages fitting Sachs for replacements as a more budget option - but I'm seeing they cost about the same, so probably is not the case!

I do not know why there is such high price difference for your offerings - maybe some kits also include flywheel too, or could be some weird outdated stock (not unheard of stores having ancient hardware for 5x the price of modern and improved analog), or some 'racing' options.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably just throw out bearing that gave up and is grinding against 'basket' (clutch cover) case.
Anyway, it is a good practice to also change the clutch while you're at it.

If I'm not mixing things up, LuK is the manufacturer of OEM clutches fitted at factory. Seen some garages fitting Sachs for replacements as a more budget option - but I'm seeing they cost about the same, so probably is not the case!

I do not know why there is such high price difference for your offerings - maybe some kits also include flywheel too, or could be some weird outdated stock (not unheard of stores having ancient hardware for 5x the price of modern and improved analog), or some 'racing' options.
Thank you very much.... Idint know that Luk is the manufacturer so that is a good place to start with...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I'm pretty sure the last one I replaced was Valeo and was supposed to have been the original.....that said they get parts from whoever gives them the best price whilst meeting the required standard....so several companies could have supplied them over the years.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My clutch came in a fist group box and was manufactured by Valeo but like you say they may have used several manufacturers over the years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts