Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the battery on my 2000 Cloverleaf today but now it won't start. The ignition lights come on but it won't turn over. Is there a process I need to go through after disconnecting the battery?
Cheers

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I have this regularly on my 1996 model, so there is no guarantee it will work, but disconnect the battery wires from the battery, tie together with cable ties for about a minute, cut the ties, re-attach the wires to the battery and it should (touch wood) fire back into life. Has always worked for me so far.

The other alternative is that something was disturbed around the relays at the front of the battery, otherwise known as BBoB (black boxes of B0ll0ck5).

HTH

·
Vendor
46,595 Posts
Maybe you just didn't tighten the battery leads enough?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Won't start, or won't turn over?
Why did you change the battery?
Does the car have any type of aftermarket immobilizer fitted?

Check earth cable connection on gearbox- often corrodes.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
As above, we need more info (as per the questions asked by FoxtrotOscar) otherwise it's just a guessing game.

In addition to those questions, when you turn on the ignition (to the first click "MAR" position), does the yellow CODE light in the instrument cluster remain on, does it flash, or does it extinguish immediately (and stay off)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay in ngetting back to you all, been away from the computer for a bit.
I've taken the BBoB to task and hey presto!! VVVRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!

Thanks all, as a new Alfa owner I dare say I might be asking for advice some time again in the future (although hopefully not too soon :lol:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts