Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please advise me as to what the problem may be with my 145 Cloverleaf. It's a 1996 model with 74k miles from new, FSH and in excellent all round order. Here's the problem :-( When driving, the car pulls easily through the rev range but the revs refuse to fall below 2000 rpm......untill the car comes to a complete stop!!! When I'm on the move, it will sit at 2k revs coasting in neutral, 20mph or 80mph!!! Only when I completely stop do the revs return to below 1000rpm. Sometimes the red injector light illuminates when driving but goes back out all the same. :confused: Any help greatfully received.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sounds like you might want to give the throttle body a quick spruce up. You'll need some carb clean a rag and a screw driver.

A piece of cake to do.

Do a search for posts on the issue.

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
A previous 146Ti of mine developed similar symptoms when the lambda sensor failed. Try unplugging it and seeing if the car runs better. the plug is under a black cover on the bulk head, just to the left of the PAS reservoir.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to add to what has been said already....
That my 145 cloverleaf has had this problem in past.
With mine the throttle cable was sticking a little due to cable being twisted slightly. Readjustment of cable and maintenance oil may cure it
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts