Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What's the difference between the 2? I have a set of accessory ones set aside to fit and I assumed they were the same.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I was thinking the exact same when I got this message. I've never had the 2 in front of me to compare, so googled both...

The accessory 71806020 are more of a white back ground(which I keep in stock).

The ones on ePer 50522051 & 50522052 looks like they have more of a brushed finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The ones I have (accessory) have a green carbon fibre effect Cloverleaf on them and a plain but gloss white background. The pic you show seems to have a flat green Cloverleaf and a brushed aluminium backing with a grooved edging.

I never realised there were 2 different types which is good as I am not trying to turn my Giulietta into a QV clone.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
How is the car Ransoman?
Going ok, Thanks for asking :) The gearbox is still hopeless (1st to 4th gears are very rough). and the recently replaced clutch is a bit suspect as it is making groaning noises but that may be the brakes sticking on after all.

I have finally gotten around to fitting the arial base I bought off you last year so I can finally get radio stations again.

I am waiting on a pro garage quality coil spring compresser so I can replace the springs and strut top bearings and hopefully sort out the figity and noisy ride once and for all. I still have the CV joint to fit too.

Could I ask a favour of you please Gavin? Can you please ask your technical guys if there is a known cure for the rough gearchange issue with Giulietta's. The symptoms I am having are:

First to second is really notchy and rough
3rd to fourth is is similar but not as bad.
moving the linkages on top of the gearbox you can feel an unwillingness for the linkages to engage the gear so it does feel internal.
5th to 6th seems fine.
going back down the box is the same.
Changing up gears at low RPM's is very noisy with clonks coming from the gearbox.

If your techie guys can tell me what the problem component is, can you please quote prices for the required part(s)?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The original QV 2010 badges had the white background and I think they changed on the 2013 model to silver aluminium background (that's the ones) at the same time they introduced the cloverleaf emblem on the door sill plates.
Can you send me your contact details. :)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Going ok, Thanks for asking :) The gearbox is still hopeless (1st to 4th gears are very rough). and the recently replaced clutch is a bit suspect as it is making groaning noises but that may be the brakes sticking on after all.

I have finally gotten around to fitting the arial base I bought off you last year so I can finally get radio stations again.

I am waiting on a pro garage quality coil spring compresser so I can replace the springs and strut top bearings and hopefully sort out the figity and noisy ride once and for all. I still have the CV joint to fit too.

Could I ask a favour of you please Gavin? Can you please ask your technical guys if there is a known cure for the rough gearchange issue with Giulietta's. The symptoms I am having are:

First to second is really notchy and rough
3rd to fourth is is similar but not as bad.
moving the linkages on top of the gearbox you can feel an unwillingness for the linkages to engage the gear so it does feel internal.
5th to 6th seems fine.
going back down the box is the same.
Changing up gears at low RPM's is very noisy with clonks coming from the gearbox.

If your techie guys can tell me what the problem component is, can you please quote prices for the required part(s)?

Many thanks :)
I'll ask the question bud and I'll PM you later....

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
The original QV 2010 badges had the white background and I think they changed on the 2013 model to silver aluminium background (that's the ones) at the same time they introduced the cloverleaf emblem on the door sill plates.
Can you send me your contact details. :)
Hi Tony,

My direct number is 0131 623 8415.

Or if you want to PM me your full name, Postal address and your PayPal address I can wire over a invoice :thumbs:

Cheers

Gavin.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Thanks Gav,

Erm, sorry for hijacking the thread :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent glad it arrived safe and sound :thumbup:

Anything else I can help you with just let me know.

Gavin.
Gav Looking for the replacement white leather cloverleaf key ring as mines is nearly two years old now getting a bit shabby.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Tony,

Hope you're well?

Yeah got plenty in stock, I'll do it for £10.80 and don't worry about the postage. Give me a phone and I'll get one sent out.

0131 623 8415.

Gavin.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello Gavin. Do you stock replacement rubber inserts for the GT Cloverleaf pedals . Mine wearing a bit thin now and need changing before winter sets in. Peter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts