Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the people's republic of Accrington. I have a black G Sportiva and have noticed the green cloverleaf badges have faded high is really irritating. I've had a look on eBay but some of the prices may clear our deficit. Has anyone got some tips of where I can get replacements I was thinking of emailing Alfa to complain that the badges on a £26k car shouldn't fade after just over 3 years but a chap at work said I wouldn't get anywhere...

Other than that I am still loving my G and after getting over the shock of scraping one of my alloys I almost cried I need to soon decide to keep this one or swap for a new one. Does the 150 1.4 sound better than the 170?

·
Registered
35,750 Posts
Yes , but your link showed the Std. Cloverleaf rather than the Sportiva which has the smaller green leaf symbol and the Sportiva script.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The green paint on the cloverleaf of my sportiva logo is actually nearly gone :-(

I can find some replacement logos on eBay that look great and allegedly are the real thing but I'm wondering how do I remove the current logo? Won't it damage the paint?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Use dental floss. Get it behind the badge and with a flossing motion up and down you'll easily remove the glue/adhesive. No need for heat and risk of damaging the paint that way. Works perfectly.Then clean what glue remains if any with panel wipe, iso alcohol 50/50 with water or even white spirit . don't use any harsh chemicals like acetone or cellulose or you'll melt the paint.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Was the car left in the sun alot ? Thats the only reason I can think of why they would fade maybe.

What happend when you wrote to Alfa Romeo ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts