Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Once again I cant get the cloverleaf of my lawn again regardless of one wheel being on slabs. I always thought these had a LSD in the front but this really does tell me otherwise. I called Alf/fiat who confirmed today that its a open diff.

Evo seem to have there info incorrect as they list it as having a Q2 diff: Alfa Romeo Mito Cloverleaf road test review | Evo

So, is the diff open or a LSD on these, did some get the diff and others didn't? and would you fit a Quaife if you had the chance?

More so, how would one of these react with the traction control that cant be turned off?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Evo mention Q2 diff in the context of "layers of electric assistance" - the Mito has the "electronic Q2 differential" which is probably what they meant (i.e. open mechanical diff, but using electronically controlled braking to the front wheels to simulate a limited-slip diff).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evo mention Q2 diff in the context of "layers of electric assistance" - the Mito has the "electronic Q2 differential" which is probably what they meant (i.e. open mechanical diff, but using electronically controlled braking to the front wheels to simulate a limited-slip diff).
Ok, well it doesn't seem to work very well! I have to wait till it dries up.

Any advice on the uprated diff?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Ok, Once again I cant get the cloverleaf of my lawn again regardless of one wheel being on slabs. I always thought these had a LSD in the front but this really does tell me otherwise. I called Alf/fiat who confirmed today that its a open diff.

Evo seem to have there info incorrect as they list it as having a Q2 diff: Alfa Romeo Mito Cloverleaf road test review | Evo

So, is the diff open or a LSD on these, did some get the diff and others didn't? and would you fit a Quaife if you had the chance?

More so, how would one of these react with the traction control that cant be turned off?
If it is a 170 BHP with sport button it will have a Q2 fitted at the factory, if it is a 150 with no sport button it won't have been fitted from new

We can do a complete Quaife ATB diff kit for £600 inc VAT

Ned

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it is a 170 BHP with sport button it will have a Q2 fitted at the factory, if it is a 150 with no sport button it won't have been fitted from new

We can do a complete Quaife ATB diff kit for £600 inc VAT

Ned
its the 170 cloverleaf multiair with Dynamic, normal and winter modes. Alfa saying no Q2 is fitted?

The reason this is being asked stems from the one wheel drive when half on mud and half on slabs.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
its the 170 cloverleaf multiair with Dynamic, normal and winter modes. Alfa saying no Q2 is fitted?

The reason this is being asked stems from the one wheel drive when half on mud and half on slabs.
Sorry my bad thought you were talking about a GT :biglaugh:

No you won't have a LSD, we can fit a Quaife ATB for you but it means removing the gearbox and completely stripping it, that said it is a massive improvement in handling and we do it for £1,000 fitted inc VAT

Ned

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sorry my bad thought you were talking about a GT :biglaugh:

No you won't have a LSD, we can fit a Quaife ATB for you but it means removing the gearbox and completely stripping it, that said it is a massive improvement in handling and we do it for £1,000 fitted inc VAT

Ned

Are there any improvements available for the TCT box?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Are there any improvements available for the TCT box?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes I think the same Quaife ATB diff will fit but not had the opportunity to try and fit one, if you up for it I can try on yours and if it doesn't we won't charge you

Ned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts