Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a notification of a bus lane infringement in Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago. That's fine but for the fact that the car was in Manchester Airports official Valet Parking and I was out of the country.

Picture is inconclusive at this stage - can't even clearly read the reg plate but the outline shape does look a bit like a Spider.

Another few hours to be wasted battling bureaucracy to get the original pic rather than a grainy B&W scan.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
They've probably just got the plate wrong. Cloning does happen, but a 946 Spider is a rare car so I wouldn't have thought it a particular target for plate cloning.

If it has been cloned, you have proof of being elsewhere so there's not too much to worry about. :)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Yes I think I would opt for them getting the plate wrong too.
Good luck with it all :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I expect they got the plate wrong .........happened to me last year apparently I was illegally parked in Basildon (I've never been to Basildon......... But luckily, like you I had proof I was elsewhere ............. I managed to sort it out with a friendly voice on the phone at Basildon council.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Relief all round but K3LYC is going to get a shock - come up as an Audi S3 on the DVLA so not much difference in shape to my Spider

1 - 5 of 5 Posts