Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my alfa a week and I'm loving the fella but there's a little problem that is bugging me - my journeys just simply are getting longer but the places I'm driving to are in exactly the same place as before!!!

I think my car is calculating distances in kilometres but the odometer displays miles. This means my services are coming around 60% quicker than they should be.:wow: Anyone else heard of this and what is the likely resolution?!

Cheers guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have noticed when i connect with Alfadiag the mileage is recorded in kilometres but is displayed in miles, but never heard of the problem you seem to be having. Maybe the conversion routine has gotten corrupted somehow.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hi

I might be able to help here, in 2003 there was a batch of about 700 new Alfa Romeos in right hand drive that were due to be delivered to Japan when the was a fire on the boat. The boat was sent back to Italy but the cars ended up in Belgium. I went to look at the cars that were there and the vast majority of them were only smoke damaged. The cars had all the documentation with them so they could be registered here in the UK. They had KPH clocks and radios that were set up for the frequency used in Japan. It is quite cheep to change the clock face but if you want to change the digital mileage the entire clock would have to be changed and set up for the car.

If you get you local dealer to check on there system they will show as having had no warranty and they will be able to tell the country of origin.

We decided not to get involved with the sale of these cars but they did end up here in the UK. I don’t think there is any thing wrong with having one of these cars as long as you are not expecting to get a manufactures warranty.

I have pictures of the cars somewhere I will try and find them.

Ned

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point you have there jammin, but even when i don't decide to take the extra long way to work the car thinks we did anyway.

Cheers for shedding some light on the situation Ned, I think i'll get the team to look into it when i hoof it in for service next month. How i love parting with my cash!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts