Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Can any one advise how to change the bulbs in the clock cluster ... I am going to replace all the bulbs as the fuel gauge one has blown .... Suspect others will follow suit soon

What bulbs do I need and how do I access them

The driver manual doesnt seem to mention changing them and I've just spent the last 30 mins reading through it

Thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Hi all

Can any one advise how to change the bulbs in the clock cluster ... I am going to replace all the bulbs as the fuel gauge one has blown .... Suspect others will follow suit soon

What bulbs do I need and how do I access them

The driver manual doesnt seem to mention changing them and I've just spent the last 30 mins reading through it

Thanks
you need to remove:

1. the ash tray [ 2 philips headed screws + 2 more behind it]

2. central console, lift the gear stick gaitor & remove 3 screws

3. remove the radio, 2 philips headed screws & two 3mm allen headed screws

4. 4 philips headed screws holds in the tri-clock cluster, bulbs are 1.2 capless, twist out the holder & pull out the blown bulb.

fitting is the reverse of removal :)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Dead easy job, just done it myself.

Follow this guide:

Alfa Romeo forum: How to replace bulb in speedo/rev counter

You need 1.2w capless bulbs, these can be brought from Halfords for £2 each
:wow: Buy them in bulk off ebay!! That's well over the top and Halfords quality is pretty poor so you will be changing them again soon!!!

And the link won't help the OP ... it's the centre console he needs to remove. Basically radio, ashtray and lighter, gearlever surround and a/c knob rubbers.

then take all the screws out including two small allen screws and the console pulls forward. DOn't pull too hard as you'll need to disconnect the a/c temp sensor.

Then take out the dial unit and dismantle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well halfords it was ... But it didn't solve the problem :( the new bulb is good but for some reason when it is in the socket it doesn't light up :( putting it in a different socket it does ... Must be something with the socket :(

Any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would a ribbon cable fault case the problem? If so which of the 2

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
With the facelift interior, I think you can dismantle the necessary bits starting with the radio and working up, rather than having to begin at the gearstick, but I may be wrong.

Either way the radio has to go, so have a look.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did this in the dark last night and all sorted. Thanks for the guide info. Just a quick question though, is it possible to change the bulbs in the electric window switches? I have a couple with no lights in but I took one out and it seems like a sealed unit. Do I need to just get new switches?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
The switches are cheap, and easily replaced... never tried opening them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts