Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual makes it sound so simple. Apply pressure around the clip and remove it, but not being able to see the damn things means its almost impossible to do!!!

Does anyone have any hints or tips for this! Its driving me freaking mad needing to get a garage to help me, I just cannot figure it out for love nor money!!!!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
If you are feeling mean, Halfords will charge you £1 to fit the bulb if you buy it from them. It's almost worth it for the laugh.

You have to unhook/hook the clip from the mount by squeezing the loops at the end of the clip. It`s fiddly but its not that bad. I recommend you get your head under the bonnet with a torch so you can see what you need to do first, then it's a matter of feeling your way.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Get halfords to do it :lol: :lol: ....Or if you have child like hands, do it yourself but be prepared to lose some skin from your hands :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Get halfords to do it :lol: :lol: ....Or if you have child like hands, do it yourself but be prepared to lose some skin from your hands :D
Mr Orange that is cheating :rolleyes: :)

I did manage it myself - same as Chris said. Perhaps it was beginners luck
:)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Mr Orange that is cheating :rolleyes: :)

I did mangae it myself - same as Chris said. Perhaps it was beginners luck
:)

Cheating is good ;) , i have just changed both headlamp bulbs in my car myself, need to change sidelight bulbs too as 1 is blown, going to pay someone to do these for me :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Cheating is good ;) , i have just changed both headlamp bulbs in my car myself, need to change sidelight bulbs too as 1 is blown, going to pay someone to do these for me :D
oh okay I will let you off....:D :D

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Not so good. If they make a mess of the sidelight change they can lose the wire inside the wing.

Anyway, it`s easier than the headlights so get stuck in yourself :p

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Not so good. If they make a mess of the sidelight change they can lose the wire inside the wing.

Anyway, it`s easier than the headlights so get stuck in yourself :p

Lose a wire inside the wing :confused:

changed them myself last time, have tried to do them this time but broke lug type thingys off the back of the bulb holder on 1 of them :eek:

N

·
0 Posts
I've lost one of the headlight clips.

It's probably somewhere in the engine bay still.

:(:(:(

Why aren't the clip's attached to the friggin'
light like they used to be !??!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Struggled a bit myself not so much with the headlight bulbs, as the sidelight bubs. Found it easier turning sidelights on, after attaching bulb holder to a thin stick with white tack, to initially locate the illuminated bulb.Bit fiddly, but then I'm an old git who struggles with most things, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I replaced my 156 headlight bulbs too and those clips were a nightmare..took me a while before i figured ou:rolleyes: t how to work them..

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Talking about a plastic bulb holder or not? Have reasonable if not perfect success with: 25W soldering iron, chunk of suitable scrap plastic, melt the lump and fuse to the existing, shape with file/knife to reasonable dimensions of the original. There again, I have loads of time to mess around with this sort of 'Posh' bodge fix.

W

·
0 Posts
I've lost one of the headlight clips.

It's probably somewhere in the engine bay still.

:(:(:(

Why aren't the clip's attached to the friggin'
light like they used to be !??!

Eek, they are on 156s so must be a Brera/newer Alfa things :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Used a torch to do mine. Really bad routing of the headlamp wash hoses means it's a real [email protected] to get the caps off and on again.

Watch out for the bulb alignment when you finish. Don't assume it is set correctly because there is no positive feedback or 'click' when you install the new bulb to tell you it is fitted correctly. My new bulb was pointing at about 60 degrees once I had fitted it, so I had to take it out and fit it again!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I think there is an Open University course available its 12 weeks and you get a Diploma at the end ! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts