Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Clinically Proven

878 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cue2 
#1 ·
Printed large on a personally addressed enevelope from Boots:

"Clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by up to five years*

You lying, cheating, vile scumbags. Spot a vulnerability? Yay, exploit it. Think some people might be pigshyte stupid? Yay, make money out of them. Standards of honesty and integrity? Fart in their faces.

But wait, you say. Don’t lots of companies do this? Of course they do – how does that make it better? It makes it worse – fouling up the world we live in with lies and dishonesty.

But wait, you say. Hasn’t this always part of society? Of course it has, so isn’t it time we demanded something better?

But wait, you say. They might not legally be lying. Look at the wording. “Reduce” – no measurements claimed. “Appearance” – very vague. “Up to” five years – could be no time at all. “Aha! Got you, haven’t we?” thinks Boots. No you haven’t. It’s blatantly obvious you employ lawyers to snivel your contemptible way past the truth and lie in the most devious way possible. May you rot in Purgatory.

See less See more
#2 ·
"Up to" could mean 10 seconds.

To be fair it is merely a placebo - if people believe they look younger (why they would want to God only knows) then they will be happy with it.

In an economy where people have money to spend on luxuries then they are fair game in my book. I buy random stuff on t'internet which is probably crap - awaiting a torch with mini batteries which supposedly will light up a village, cook eggs and set fire to paper. Yeah right four AAA rechargeable batteries have such power - but for £20 I am intrigued and prepared to waste it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.