Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'v now own 159 2008 jts high.
when turning on the engine the climate control system starts working.
any idea how do disable this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Cant do it....even if you turn it off whilst driving it will soon come back on to stop window steaming etc. Why do you want to turn it off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant do it....even if you turn it off whilst driving it will soon come back on to stop window steaming etc. Why do you want to turn it off?

because i don't always use it, and i'd rather choose myself when to turn it on...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess you can call this a "temperament" people mean, when talking about Italian cars, and Alfas especially :D
Just get used to that and learn to live with that - turn the fan on minimal speed, set temp to be around outside temperature direct flow on legs or windows. You can manually close all the vents too, if it is too much of concern to you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Try resetting the aircon, pull the battery for an amount of time (there are thread somewhere here). My climate control stays off if I turn it off. So it is something that should be fixable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some 159s have a humidity sensor on the windscreen. If it detects humidity it will turn the air conditioning on, since air conditioning dries the air. This also depends on outside temperature and overall climate conditions. It will turn on more often in cold misty winter days, than in dry summer heat.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Try resetting the aircon, pull the battery for an amount of time (there are thread somewhere here). My climate control stays off if I turn it off. So it is something that should be fixable.
Its not a fault....that's how its supposed to work.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Indeed, as AI wrote above. You can manually swith the A/C off, but if it senses mist or polluted air for instance it will override by turning the A/C back-on and/or close the fresh air intake flap. It will however not light up AUTO on display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts