Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
156 estate SW 2004 facelift.

The dials etc are different to those in manual. can anyone give me breakdown as to what they are- theyre all digital and not set out like in the book

1. how do i get the max heat possible in the car on these cold mornings- seems to take ages to warm up
2. How do I get the windscreen/ windows defrosted as soon as possible

thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Do you have dual zone or basic claimate control? As in can you see a number in two of the twisty controls or not. Once we know we can tell you how to use it. The heater use engine heat. They will not get warm until the engine has warmed up.
2.To get the car to defrost press the button under th heat controls with the curved widscreen with heat lines icon on it. This is a generic icon used by all car manufacturers so it should be the same icon as you pressed or twisted the fan to in your old car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, its dual control heating. I got it working better today - turned fan on max, pressed the defrost buttons and turned the numbers both to HI.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ok so dual zone. :) right if you press the mono button it will lock left and right together so it will act as one heater. Ok.
1.Left twist is heat in passenger side of car.
2.Push button inside left twist control is auto control. Pressing it will illuminate if you are setting to auto left side of cabin right side of cabin or both.
3. Middle twist button is fan speed
4. Push button inside middle twist control is vent dirrection. you can go left or right to cycle round. It's electronic so it takes a few seconds for the motors to move to the active vents.
5. Right twist, temp control your side of if set to mono with mono button whole car
6. Push button inside right twist is recirculation
7. Far left push button under heater controls with a snow flake on it. Aircon
8. To the right mono button as mention.
9. to the right rear heated screen. This one isn't timed so be careful not to leave it on
10. to the right auto defrost. Pushing this will heat front screen, mirror and activate rear screen. Its time and will turn off
11. Next three buttons to your right are the infocentre controls where you can set date,time, check service interval etc. These are use in conjustion with the button on the end of the indicator stalk which you can use to cycle range, drive time etc

Hope that helps :)

M

·
0 Posts
errrrr you sure about the auto function???

I think you'll find the two lights on auto mean something else....

If you press auto and two lights are lit it means it's on full auto mode everything controlled by car. If you adjust fan speed, or air direction, or turn aircon off, one of the auto lights goes off meaning it is in auto but you have adjusted something so it will only adjust all the parameters you haven't touched?

Pretty sure it doesn't do auto one side, other side, or both????

·
Registered
60 Posts
errrrr you sure about the auto function???

I think you'll find the two lights on auto mean something else....

If you press auto and two lights are lit it means it's on full auto mode everything controlled by car. If you adjust fan speed, or air direction, or turn aircon off, one of the auto lights goes off meaning it is in auto but you have adjusted something so it will only adjust all the parameters you haven't touched?

Pretty sure it doesn't do auto one side, other side, or both????
I thought that as well

M

·
0 Posts
Also two lights on recirc left means it's recirculating air right is auto... if it detects too much polution, say in traffic it will auto change to recirculating :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts