Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

In my 96' 2.0 16v with climate control I am no longer able to turn on the heater fan!
The control display just shows "no bars" as if the fan was turned complety down. If I try to turn up the fan speed or try to set the temperature to "HI" or "LO" (which should definately start the fan) nothing happens!? The fan speed display is still empty although the system changes where to blow out the air and so on.

Does anyone know what is wrong? With temperatures around the freezing point here in Denmark it is a bit cold to drive around with. :)

Claus

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was reading in the AROC mag about 164,
apparently there is a temperature sensor
vital for the climate control in the drivers
door mirror that can go wrong.
don't know if it's the same on 155.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is, its in the right hand side mirror (RHD cars), underneath. There is also an internal sensor, left of the steering column. But I don't think thats the problem as my fan still worked after a bust mirror.

Does the fan work at all? Sounds like its not getting power or is perhaps broken.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
It might be the Voltage resistor that`s gone

Or poss just a blown fuse or relay sticking :confused:

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your comments.

Where is that voltage resistor located?

Claus

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Not sure where it is but should be pretty close to the motor follow the wire back from the motor and you should find it :rolleyes: Thats if the 155 has one :rolleyes:

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved!

I found out that down by the fan, where the passengers have their feet there were a bad connection in some wires leading to the fan. Maybe I should pack in those wires so the passenger cant kick them?

Well, thank you for your guesses :)

Claus

·
Registered
3 Posts
many thanks

I have just solved the same problem on my 1996 155 1.6TS thanks to the post below.

Close to taking the entire dash out to get to everything untill I read this post which solved my problem, again many thanks

Problem solved!

I found out that down by the fan, where the passengers have their feet there were a bad connection in some wires leading to the fan. Maybe I should pack in those wires so the passenger cant kick them?

Well, thank you for your guesses :)

Claus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts