Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aircon has leaked away to nothing, I will sort this. So at the moment I am using the ECON mode for the fan i.e. just plain air. But the system insists on always warming the air up a bit even when min temp is selected, it's not really hot but enough to be annoying on a hot day. Even more annoying when you are trying to demist your windscreen in a summer storm and the car is like a sauna, with the windows shut.

The air is noticably hotter than the outside air. I can hear all the flaps move like they should when each mode is selected. It's maybe the hot flap is not closing all the way. But as i dont have a manual to look at I dont know where to start looking to fix it. I also checked the internal temp sensor and the little fan was running fine. Can any body help?

M

·
0 Posts
What is your outside tempeture gauge showing when you press the temp button next to the read-out. I had a problem with mine readig low so it kept putting the heating on. It was a bad connection on the outside temp sensor. This is in the drivers door mirror. I removed the cover, cleaned the connector & no more problems. It could be a seized water valve or maybe a poor connection on the control unit.You can remove this after removing the radio/ashtray(2 screws)/check panel(3 screws) :)

I

·
0 Posts
Dom B:
I also checked the internal temp sensor and the little fan was running fine. Can any body help?
Hello,
where this internal temp sensor is placed?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The internal temp sensor is just to the left of the steering wheel behind that small cover with the grille and the round hole

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The outside temp sensor says 33 today, and I just hung the kitchen digital thermometer on the mirror and got 32.8 so I guess it's working. I might try taking the control panel out and taking a peek

Dom

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Dom,

Me too - exact same problems and symptoms. An extra pain in my car is that the actuator that opens and closes the external air vent is bust so I had to jam the flap open. This means that even with the CC turned 'OFF' - I get a fair blast of air as I drive along.

Maybe I will jam the vent shut (recirculate position) and try that......or just pay up for a new actuator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts