Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My v6 has a Clifford Concept 300, it was fitted back in 1999. It has stopped working and the car is immobilised. I have changed the battery in the fob but this has made no difference. There is a red LED in the car that is flashing - so I guess something is working.

I have emailed a local Clifford installer, as the car can't be moved they would have to send someone out to look at it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these alarms? Can I expect a load of hassle sorting it?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Page 9 gives more info on the immobiliser...

A quick Google and they seem to b fairly common on Scoobies, Cosworths and similar from back in the day... and are now generally getting to the age where they cause problems. Removal is just time consuming provide you can get to the control boxes, ECU etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you know the Valet code? That might let you drive it to the local installer.

From the wiring link it looks like the only thing stopping the car from being driven is the interrupt of the starter and the ignition. If you remove both plugs and, on the 9 pin plug, jumper between pin2 to pin5 (ignition) and pin3 to pin6 (starter) that effectively removes the alarm system.
If that lets you drive the car then go in search of the two "cuts" shown on the diagram, page 5. Rejoin those properly and remove the alarm system or leave it in place since it will not be doing anything......

·
Registered
599 Posts
Also worth checking that the 12v battery voltage isnt low as this will cause havoc with the Clifford too

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks very much all for the replies. I'll have a read of the manual and see what I can do. It will have to wait for the weekend. Got to get the old girl working cos the MOT is due at the end of the month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts