Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, me again, anyone know how to clear the CD names on a 156 facelift cd player. I tried following the manual, but it didn't work. Thanks in advance.

N

·
0 Posts
You have to insert the CDs you've titled one by one and delete the titles as you go.

It's worse than useless.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the CD's as I just bought the car, the prob is that the memory is full and I want to clear it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The manual implies you should be able to scroll through saved names and delete them but I can't do it either. Does anyone know a way of resetting the whole stereo to factory defaults?

N

·
0 Posts
You can't.

Only way to clear the names is to put the CDs in and deleted them
one-by-one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
So you said. But I'm sure there is a factory reset for the whole stereo like there is on most electronic equipment. All I found on Google was a workshop manual for a very similar looking Fiat/Blaupunkt unit but the factory reset procedure didn't work on mine.

N

·
0 Posts
It's a 10 year old stereo design.

The CD naming funtion is not automatic, not very complete and more
than a bit rubbish without a clear function.

Just trying to save you some time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm looking for. I appreciate the method described in the manual doesn't work to delete the CD names. I'm trying to find out what sequence of button pushes will reset the radio to it's factory default status i.e. no radio stations stored, no CD names, no user EQ settings etc. I had a search a while back and the Blaupunkt workshop manuals I found all listed factory reset procedures, just not ones that worked with my particular stereo. I'm sure someone outside of Blaupunkt knows what the sequence is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts