Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside this time - any ideas on how to get the yuk staining off the inside - not that the tops up that much but it would be nice - I did paint a stained roof lining in a mini with emulsion and it worked really well but that doesnt fold away.....
Cheers

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Could you not just remove the entire soft top including frame and give it a good clean on a nice sunny day using auto glym hood cleaner? Its only 3 bolts either side and the small ones across the rear.

It would alloy you to give it a good scrub and rinse off any soap without it getting into the car?

Inside this time - any ideas on how to get the yuk staining off the inside - not that the tops up that much but it would be nice - I did paint a stained roof lining in a mini with emulsion and it worked really well but that doesnt fold away.....
Cheers

·
Registered
436 Posts
Cheers
What colour is yours on the inside Martin? Mine is black and to get rid of stains I used renovo colour restorer on a cloth. It would not be advisable to use a brush as it would drip everywhere! It worked well on mine. If yours is blue you can get Renovo in blue.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you not just remove the entire soft top including frame and give it a good clean on a nice sunny day using auto glym hood cleaner? Its only 3 bolts either side and the small ones across the rear.

It would alloy you to give it a good scrub and rinse off any soap without it getting into the car?
Nice idea but I think its a right fiddle to get to the little bolts? - I'll have a look

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What colour is yours on the inside Martin? Mine is black and to get rid of stains I used renovo colour restorer on a cloth. It would not be advisable to use a brush as it would drip everywhere! It worked well on mine. If yours is blue you can get Renovo in blue.
Hi Tom - mines (very) off white/ grey on the inside so I'll see what colours they do

Giro this year?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Its not too bad, just remove the rear trim and you will have access to the small bolts which have retaining nuts. give them all a good quirt of Plus Gas the day before you remove them..

I suppose it depends how bad your inner lining is Vs the work?

Nice idea but I think its a right fiddle to get to the little bolts? - I'll have a look

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely - I'll have my ace navigator with me but we probably don't know the pubs as well as you again.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts