Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across this one on Retro Rides and had to give it a go. It's probably more suited to those of us who buy our valeting materials in Poundstretcher but it's boiled Linseed Oil.

They sell it in B&Q for about £4 and all you do is rub it into your grey, faded trim with a rag or sponge. I'm told it lasts for ages as it replaces the oils which are missing from the faded plastic.

The scuttle on my car has always been a faded mess which nothing has worked on. Not any more, it is now like new as my poxy photos nearly show.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good results :thumbs:

Autogleam bumper care is excellent too for the plastic trim. Lasts for about 3 months of regular washing.
I must admit AG is about the only one I haven't tried.

I'm told that a going over with a heat gun works too. I tried it on our Volvo and it came out a bit patchy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
auto glym is excellnt!! just purchased a pack which included the 'bumper care' amoung other things and i was surprised how well it got the faded plastic trim between doors and rear door handles etc looking :)
also ive heard regular budget cooking oil works but havent tried that one yet!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
auto glym is excellnt!! just purchased a pack which included the 'bumper care' amoung other things and i was surprised how well it got the faded plastic trim between doors and rear door handles etc looking :)
also ive heard regular budget cooking oil works but havent tried that one yet!!
I believe peanut oil is good too. I suspect that any reasonably thin oil would work.

Even peanut butter is good but it has to be the only mildly rank smooth variety not the blow chunks in a second crunchy type.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can confirm that peanut butter paste works a treat and last well. Used it on my boys old corsa (now gone and having seen the italian light he`s got a punto) When told of this I thought it was a joke but was amazed how well it worked:thumbs:

PJ

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I came across this one on Retro Rides and had to give it a go. It's probably more suited to those of us who buy our valeting materials in Poundstretcher but it's boiled Linseed Oil.

They sell it in B&Q for about £4 and all you do is rub it into your grey, faded trim with a rag or sponge. I'm told it lasts for ages as it replaces the oils which are missing from the faded plastic.

The scuttle on my car has always been a faded mess which nothing has worked on. Not any more, it is now like new as my poxy photos nearly show.
Looks great!

Was considering taking mine off to paint with vinyl paint but souldn't get the bloomin' screw out (the rusty one in your pic). Bloody thing just fell apart. Will now have to drill it out!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worth mentioning that it takes a bit of time to fully dry so if you use it and immediately go out, loads of crap and bugs will stick to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts