Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tan leather is starting to look grubby on the drivers seat, any advice on best way to clean ?

Was going to fairy liquid and then leather cream but wondered if others had better methods?

Ive found putting the leather cream on by hand much better as it all ends up on the seat and not absorbed by the cloth !

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wouldn't use fairy liquid mate, that will ruin the leather and dry it out in a way that it won't recover from easily. you want a proper leather cleaner.

I've just ordered some of this Gliptone GT12 and GT11 plus a scuff kit to cover up some marks on my seats.

linky

will let you know when it arrives and will see how it turns out but I've heard good comments about it.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good stuff - think i'll be ok with the fairy as got the treatment cream on straight away. Will bear that that in for mind for future though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I caught my mrs cleaning my leather sofa with flash spray!

But agree autoglym is a good product, have also used a leather feeder on mine, but cant remember the brand was only a household one tho'

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Looks good stuff - think i'll be ok with the fairy as got the treatment cream on straight away. Will bear that that in for mind for future though.
Fairy liquid really will ruin the leather mate - just don't do it you will regret it!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
+1 on the fairy, avoid! However, some people recomend dove soap to get the grub off (then add leather cream), think of the leather as your ski, but without the ability to moisturise itself.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Highly recommend Glipton, I got mine from a seller on ebay, the cleaner, conditioner a long bristled nail brush and 2 micro fiber cloths was about £15.
Its got rid of the white residue left from using auto glym leather cream and now the leather is much softer and looks like new, and also smells of proper leather

·
Registered
300 Posts
Best thing to make it look aesthetically new is 'lord Sheraton' leather shine ... I've used auto glym, meguiars, demon tweaks and nothing comes close to this for value and performance, although limited places sell it but its available in ebay and online .... Just don't use it on your steering wheel and touch your eyes afterwards.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gliptone clean and condition, works a treat. I clean my black leather interior every 3 months, keeps it soft and brings back that great smell.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Aren't leather seats and steering wheels sealed? And I'm pretty sure the sides of my TI seats are actually plastic. I was at the Rolls Royce leather shop a couple of years back and was told nearly all seats are sealed rather than oiled like old Jags etc. there are some Rolls Royce leathers that would need balm, but apparently these leather cleaners and conditioners are a waste of money on modern interiors.
I've used Gliptone, Autoglym and others and I've always felt it was just my hand or cloth that was getting conditioned. Smelt nice though. I've just been using mild soapy water for a about 4 years, takes the grease sheen off the leather, dulls it back down. If everything is sealed, it's just surface muck/grease and fairy is good for grease. Keeps my steering wheel matt too.

L

·
0 Posts
+1 for the Autogylm leather cleaner and then leather conditioner - really made a big difference to my interior and its all black!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts